Statistics show that in every 3 seconds, US witnesses a property crime while in every 15 seconds there is a home burglary in the country. The threat of burglaries and crime hasn’t excused anybody from the poorest or the richest areas of a country. It looks like as if there isn’t a single neighborhood that hasn’t been a victim of the criminals at least once in the last decade.
So what are you doing to protect your family from the prospect of experiencing crime? Here are some of the best home security tips that can help you against your war against crime: -
- You can easily feel more secure and comfortable by installing good alarm systems in your home. These security products will help you to easily catch an intruder whenever he tries to enter your house with a negative idea. But with these alarm systems being much expensive, they are often beyond the financial means of many people. But no matter, these people can simply follow the other tips which can help them keep a security-proof home.
- Hollow doors are easy to break and this permits any undetected entry into your home. So check, if any of the doors or windows are hollow. If yes, then replace them with solid timber or metal doors for better security.
- People having sliding doors and windows should not only provide them secure locking mechanism but also strengthen it by placing a steel pole in the sliding track to avoid the door or the window from being opened forcefully.
- It is suggested not to let shrubs or trees to grow ahead of the windows, particularly at the back of the home. These plants act as a perfect cover-up for the thieves when they try to enter your house.
- It is strongly recommended to install small lights to eliminate the dark areas of your home. The dark areas act as a support to the burglars who try to gain access in your home.
- Another important feature of keeping your home secure is to draw curtains at night. It’s a well known fact that the thieves mostly set out for their work during the night. Good curtains will not allow them to see your property.
- One of the best security tips that can help you relax is to keep a dog. He can be the most faithful guard to your house and would protect your family from any sort of danger.
Now whatever you spend on the security of your house is worthy. It’s better to spend a few dollars than to keep your home open for robbery. So practice the above tips in making your house more secure and you will get the results better than you expect.