Feng Shui for Bathrooms
Bathroom is a place for purification and cleansing of body and for revitalizing oneself. A clean bathroom supports & strengthens healthy environment whereas an unhygienic space attracts negative energies. As per Feng Shui Bathrooms have no place in "bagua" a space map for this science.
Feng Shui practices are based on strong scientific reasoning. The bathroom is primarily governed and driven by the element Water. In Feng Shui, Water is associated with wealth, prosperity, career and good cash flow. You should also keep in mind that bathrooms are associated with elimination and waste.
As bathrooms do not have a clearly defined space in Feng Shui bagua, they are a little out of place anywhere, but thanks to the time tested Feng Shui wisdom; you can easily identify problems with your bathroom like the problems of cash flow blockages, drained finances, etc. Although some of locations are more troublesome than others, one of the best Feng Shui tips to keep in mind here is that a defective bathroom plumbing has a draining effect wherever it is located.
Some locations which are strictly not recommended for bathrooms are :-
- Bathrooms next to or above the front door
- Bathrooms on the second floor directly above the kitchen or front door
- Bathrooms in the center of the office
- Bathrooms under the stairs
The logic behind these restrictions are that a bathroom in the front hall, close to the door, or at the end of straight hall can drain Chi away before it has a chance to circulate through the rest of the house. Similarly, the water energy in a bathroom above the kitchen extinguishes the hearth's fire energy and floods the entire kitchen with negative energy. This is damaging to your health and prosperity. As for a bathroom in the center of the home, that’s the worst location. According to Feng Shui, a centrally located bathroom destabilizes the energy of the entire home.
Practicing Feng Shui can bring good luck and positive energy to your bathing space.Here are a few suggestions:
- The symbol of Water element which controls the bathroom is a square. If the shape of your bathroom is square, it would be easier to part your body with the accumulated negative energies. Make sure you have good air circulation as it plays an important role in accepting the positive energies. This can be achieved by installing a vent and also keep the toilet lid & the door closed.
- We consider water to be associated with wealth & flow of Qi. A bathroom should not be placed in front of the entrance door as it drains out good energy through the sewage. Try to place this room at the outer wall of the home. Have a small window in this room to flush out bad energies.
- You can place plants in your bathroom as they symbolize life and energy. They will also absorb humidity and prevent dampness.
Improving the chi of the room helps eliminate negative energies and improve the aura of a space. Your day starts and ends in the bathroom, so you can make it attractive & inviting along with ensuring positive flow of energies with the help of Feng Shui. Do not forget that good energies visit clean surroundings. Hence hygiene and cleanliness should be at the top of your priority list.